George Mason University Commencement
EagleBank Arena, Friday, May 18, 2018, at 10 a.m.
Congratulations Class of 2018!
Your Degree Celebration is Thursday, May 17
at EagleBank Arena at 2 p.m.
The school's Degree Celebration is different from University Commencement; it is a more intimate gathering of students, faculty, and administrators from our school.
During the Degree Celebration, students walk across the stage as their names are called. Dean Ken Ball and department chairs congratulate students, and a professional photographer will take photos.
The ceremony happens on Thursday May 17, 2018 from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at EagleBank Arena. No tickets are required; you may bring as many guests you like. The event should last about two hours. We ask that you stay the entire time to show respect for your fellow students.
We look forward to seeing all of our graduates, their families, and friends at our upcoming celebrations.
Doctoral Candidates and Faculty
Faculty and doctoral candidates, please confirm your attendance to the Degree Celebration no later than April 27, 2018.
Information for Doctoral Candidates
We invite doctoral candidates and faculty advisors to join us in the EagleBank Arena Hospitality Suite at 1 p.m. on May 17. Please encourage guests to proceed directly into the arena, as there is no reserved seating. The graduate procession will begin at 1:30 p.m.
Your faculty advisor will be on stage to congratulate you during the school's Degree Celebration. Hooding of doctoral candidates takes place at the University Commencement on Friday, May 18, at 10 a.m.
Information for Faculty
To support participation, the university will pay for the rental of regalia through the George Mason bookstore by any faculty member who will make the commitment to attend and act as a marshal for the ceremonies. To participate as a marshal at Commencement and the Volgenau School of Engineering’s Degree Celebration, please RSVP.
- If you ordered rental regalia from the bookstore for the May 2017 Commencement, you will be receiving an e-mail from them confirming your specific regalia information. Please respond with your intention to participate.
- If you rented regalia last May and do not receive an e-mail from the bookstore by March 20, please e-mail the bookstore.
- If you did not rent regalia from the bookstore for the May 2017 Commencement, but wish to do so this year, please call 703-993-3870 (3-3870) to place your order. You may also e-mail the bookstore with questions.
- The deadline to order the rental regalia is April 13, 2018. After that deadline, faculty may still order regalia, but will be charged a late fee of $25.00. The university will not be responsible for this charge.
- The rental regalia for spring will be available for pick up starting May 1, 2018. Faculty ordering after the deadline should expect a delay in receiving regalia. You may call to see if it is in before you make the trip in to the store.
Faculty and doctoral candidates, please confirm your attendance to the Degree Celebration no later than April 27, 2018 by emailing us.