- Nguyen Engineering Building, 1405
Before joining George Mason University, Behzad Esmaeili was an assistant professor at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Durham School of Architectural Engineering and Construction. He actively conducts research in the field of construction safety, specializing in injury prevention strategies, hazard identification, risk management, and decision-making.
During his PhD and postdoctoral work, he used a variety of qualitative and quantitative data-collection, data-analysis, and data mining methods. His research has resulted in multiple articles published in the ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE Journal of Management in Engineering, and Routledge Journal of Construction Management and Economics.
PhD, Civil Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder (2012)
MS, Civil Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder (2012)
MS, Civil Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology (2008)
BS, Civil Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology (2006)
Faculty Rank: Assistant Professor
- Construction Safety
- Risk Management
- Decision Making
- Hasanzadeh, S., Esmaeili, B., Nasrollahi, S., Gad, G. M., Gransberg, D. D., (2017). “Impact of Owners' Early Decisions on Project Performance and Dispute Occurrence in Public Highway Projects.” ASCE, Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, 10(2), 04518004. *EDITOR CHOICE*
- Hasanzadeh, S., Esmaeili, B., and Dodd, M., (2017). “Impact of Construction Workers’ Hazard Identification Skills on Their Visual Attention.” ASCE, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management. 143 (10), 04017070. *EDITOR CHOICE*
- Hasanzadeh, S., Esmaeili, B., and Dodd, M., (2017). “Measuring Impacts of Safety Knowledge on Construction Workers’ Attentional Allocation and Hazard Detection: Using Remote Eye-Tracking Technology.” ASCE, Journal of Management in Engineering. *BEST PAPER AWARD*
- Hasanzadeh, S., Esmaeili, B., and Dodd, M., (2016). “Measuring Construction Workers’ Real-Time Situation Awareness Using Mobile Eye-Tracking.” Construction Research Congress (CRC 2016), Puerto Rico, May 31-June 2, 2016. *BEST PAPER AWARD*
- Esmaeili, B., Pellicer, E., Molenaar, K. (2014) “Critical success factors for construction projects”. 18th International Congress on Project Management and Engineering, July 16-18, Alcañiz (Spain). *BEST PAPER AWARD*