New Graduate Students
Newly admitted students at the Volgenau School of Engineering are those who have received an official offer of admission from the Office of Graduate Admissions for either graduate or non-degree studies.
New Graduate Student Orientation was held on Thursday, August 23, 2018.
Fall 2018 Presentation Slides
For additional questions, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions and Enrollment Services or your academic department.
New Graduate Student Checklist
- Review your program guidelines using the University catalog
- Review the Newly Admitted Students page for details on how to:
- Confirm your intent to enroll
- Submit your official, final transcripts
- Resolve any admissions holds
- Register for courses
- Submit immunization records
- Tuition and Fees: Please check studentaccounts.gmu.edu for critical information regarding tuition, new student, and late registration fees for graduate students.
- Financial Support: If you have applied for any type of financial support, decisions are made by individual departments. If you are selected for such support, you will receive a separate communication from the department with specific details. Other questions regarding financial aid can be addressed by contacting the Office of Student Financial Aid: financialaid.gmu.edu or 703-993-2353.
- Obtain your Mason ID Card: Go to masonid.gmu.edu for more information. The card is used for: library, debit (if you sign up for a meal plan or Mason Money), free rides on the CUE bus, free tickets at Center for the Arts, admission to the Aquatic Center/Field House/R.A.C., and more.
- Obtain a Parking Decal: parking.gmu.edu